Today, along with the new Mac Pro – Apple has released an update for iOS and iPadOS, with iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3. This is around two weeks after iOS 13.2.3 was released.
iOS and iPadOS 13.3 adds in a few new features, including Communication Limits under the Screen Time feature. Something which was promised for the first release of iOS 13, but in the beta testing it was removed. Both updates now support physical keys such as YubiKey for use in Safari, keys can be NFC, USB or Lightning.
Much more is included, such as improvements for Apple News and the Stocks app.
iOS 13.3 includes improvements, bug fixes and additional parental controls for Screen Time.
– New parental controls provide more communication limits over who their children can call, FaceTime, or Message
– Contact list for children lets parents manage the contacts that appear on their children’s devices
– New layout for Apple News+ stories from The Wall Street Journal and other leading newspapers
– Easily like or dislike stories with a tap
– Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French
– Continue reading with links to related stories or more stories from the same publication
– “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
– Enables the creation of a new video clip when trimming a video in Photos
– Adds support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari
– Fixes issues in Mail that may prevent downloading new messages
– Addresses an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts
– Resolves issues that could cause incorrect characters to display in messages and duplication of sent messages in Exchange accounts
– Fixes an issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
– Addresses an issue that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages
– Resolves an issue where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
– Fixes an issue where Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
– Addresses an issue where the missed call badge on the Phone app may not clear
– Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may incorrectly show as off
– Fixes an issue that prevented turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
– Addresses an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected
How do I update?
You can update using your device, go to Settings > General > Software Update or you can use iTunes on macOS Mojave or earlier and on macOS Catalina, you can use the Finder app. On Windows, you can use iTunes.