This evening, Apple has just released an update for both iOS and iPadOS with version 14.4. Both versions contain a number of bug fixes including a fix for the Fitness Widget as sometimes it would not show the most up to date data. Smaller QR codes can be recognised by the camera and also bluetooth devices can be set by type, including car stereo, headphones, hearing aids and speakers. This ensures the Headphone Audio Level in the health app is measured in accordance to what device is being used.
“Time to Walk” for Apple Fitness+ subscribers also comes to Apple Watch with watchOS 7.4 which has been released today too.
As ever, you can update by going to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad or by updating via iTunes on Windows and older macOS versions, or via the Finder on newer macOS versions.
iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
– Smaller QR codes can be recognized by Camera
– Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
– Notifications for when the camera on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Image artifacts could appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro
– Fitness widget may not display updated Activity data
– Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard
– The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
– Audio stories from the News app in CarPlay may not resume after being paused for spoken directions or Siri
– Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen