Today Apple has released a small update to macOS Big Sur with version 11.2. The update doesn’t bring any new features, but fixes some bugs users have been seeing recently, such as where the M1 Mac Mini would show a black screen if using an HDMI to DVI converter.
macOS Big Sur 11.2 improves Bluetooth reliability and fixes the following issues:
– External displays may show a black screen when connected to a Mac mini (M1, 2020) using an HDMI to DVI converter
– Edits to Apple ProRAW photos in the Photos app may not save
– iCloud Drive could turn off after disabling the iCloud Drive Desktop & Documents Folders option
– System Preferences may not unlock when entering your administrator password
– Globe key may not display the Emoji & Symbols pane when pressed
The update is out now and can be updated on Macs that can run Big Sur via the System Preferences app.
macOS Big Sur runs on:
MacBook – 2015 and later
MacBook Air – 2013 and later
MacBook Pro – Late 2013 and later
Mac mini – 2014 and later
iMac – 2014 and later
iMac Pro all models
Mac Pro – 2013 and later