Apple has today released iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 to the general public, with the addition of new emoji, changes to the beta process and much more. Many people were expecting for this to contain the new HomeKit Architecture update, but on first impressions this doesn’t seem to be the case.
iPadOS and iOS 16.4 are available now and can be downloaded by going to Settings > General > Software Update on compatible devices only.
This new release also contains 21 new emojis, with shaking head, pink heart, blue heart, grey heart, donkey, moose, black bird, goose, wing, jellyfish and more. Other improvements include support for Safari web notifications on the Home Screen, and much more.
This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
– 21 new emoji including animals, hand gestures, and objects are now available in emoji keyboard
– Notifications for web apps added to the Home Screen
– Voice Isolation for cellular calls prioritizes your voice and blocks out ambient noise around you
– Duplicates album in Photos expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared Photo Library
– VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
– Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
– Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device
– Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home
– Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models
Apple has also released updates to macOS, HomePod, watchOS and tvOS today too. More details can be found on our homepage, theinterface.uk.